[squeak-dev] incorrect Shout rendering in ObjectExplorer

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Mon May 4 21:12:05 UTC 2015

On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 3:56 PM, Levente Uzonyi <leves at elte.hu> wrote:
> In an Explorer you can't evaluate an expression in the context of an Object.
> That's what an Inspector is for.

Huh?  If I explore, say, Smalltalk, and select the "root" row of the
explorer, then I can evaluate any expressoins I want in the context of
the selected object, Smalltalk.

Likewise, I can directly access the selected objects instVars.  For
example, while the root is selected I can evaluate "globals class" and
it tells me its an Environment.

The problem, whether I'm in an Explorer or an Inspector, is the new
Shout color rendering is rendering instVars in the color I've chosen
for "invalid" (in the Shout style table).

See picture.  I style my "invalid" code an ugly magenta, so it stands
out.  But I don't want that when its not invalid, of course..