[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Collections.spur-nice.622.mcz

Tobias Pape Das.Linux at gmx.de
Mon May 4 22:10:32 UTC 2015

On 04.05.2015, at 20:24, Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 1:13 PM, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:
>> This breaks my image, dumping it into the emergency evaluator, I *think*
>> because the new LetterMask, AlphaNumbericMask and DigitBit variables are not
>> handledf correctly by the Spur bootstrap.  Sigh.  So for those of you using
>> Spur please *don't* update until I've fixed the bootstrap.
>>
>> You know, by /not/ releasing, we are delaying because now I am fixing the
>> bootstrap to keep up with development, instead of us having released, and
>> being able to freely commit on Spur.  We are now wasting cycles.  At least I
>> am.
>
> I was having a similar thought just today because I needed an
> up-to-date Spur image and thought about asking whether you'd like
> someone to set that up as an automatic job, then realized, we just
> need to release.
>
> Which, we are.  We are not "not releasing", we _are_ releasing, its
> just taking a bit longer than expected because there are still some
> bugs and loose ends (unrelated to Marcel's work) still needing tied
> up.  Maintaining the separate branch and the bootstrap is a hassle,
> but it shouldn't be much longer.

Just to mention: http://build.squeak.org/job/SqueakTrunk/ tells us that

a) we have 15 tests failing.

 KernelTests.Numbers.LargePositiveIntegerTest.testReciprocalModulo
 Tests.Dependencies.PackageDependencyTest.testToolBuilder
 Tests.Compiler.DecompilerTests.testDecompilerInClassesSAtoSM
 Tests.Compiler.ClosureCompilerTest.testSourceRangeAccessForBlueBookInjectInto
 Tests.Compiler.DecompilerTests.testDecompilerInClassesFNtoFZ
 Tests.Compiler.DecompilerTests.testDecompilerInClassesLAtoLM
 Tests.Exceptions.ExceptionTests.testHandlerFromActio
 Tests.Dependencies.PackageDependencyTest.testNetwork
 Tests.Dependencies.PackageDependencyTest.testPreferenceBrowser
 Tests.Release.ReleaseTest.testNoObsoleteClasses
 ToolsTests.Browser.BrowserTest.testSelectClassNamedPreservesPlace
 MultilingualTests.Display.FontTest.testParagraph
 MultilingualTests.Display.FontTest.testParagraphFallback
 SqueakSSL.Tests.SqueakSSLTest.testYahooOpenID
 CollectionsTests.Text.TextAttributesScanningTest.testPluggableTextAttribute

b) sometimes the current cog vm runs into a crash when executing TraitMethodDescriptionTest>>#testCategories
	(see http://build.squeak.org/job/SqueakTrunk/1413/console )

I'd rather have this to be the metric for the release…

Best regards
	-Tobias