[squeak-dev] automated way to delete specific trunk packages?

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Fri May 8 02:19:49 UTC 2015

On Thu, May 07, 2015 at 04:58:55PM -0700, Eliot Miranda wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>     I need to delete all the patched Spur packages in trunk to ensure that
> correctly patched versions replace them.  Is there an automated way of
> deleting packages on trunk?  I've used the web interface, but it'll take
> all day :-(
> --
> best,
> Eliot

I don't know the answer to your question, but if I look at the files in
the squeaksource repository, there are quite a few:

	davidlewis at squeak-box4:/home/squeaksource/sso2/ss/trunk$ ls *spur*mcz | wc -l
	246
	davidlewis at squeak-box4:/home/squeaksource/sso2/ss/trunk$ ls *spur*mcd | wc -l
	152
	davidlewis at squeak-box4:/home/squeaksource/sso2/ss/trunk$ ls *spur*mcm | wc -l
	33
	davidlewis at squeak-box4:/home/squeaksource/sso2/ss/trunk$ ls *spur* | wc -l
	450

Is it really necessary to delete all of this stuff? Or could we keep it as is, and
work around the problems in some other way?

Dave