[squeak-dev] automated way to delete specific trunk packages?

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Fri May 8 22:18:42 UTC 2015

On Fri, May 8, 2015 at 2:42 PM, Levente Uzonyi <leves at elte.hu> wrote:

> Hi Eliot,
>
> On Fri, 8 May 2015, Eliot Miranda wrote:
>
>  Hi Levente,
>> On Fri, May 8, 2015 at 2:17 PM, Levente Uzonyi <leves at elte.hu> wrote:
>>       Hi Eliot,
>>
>>       If you can generate the files while they are in the repository (on
>> the server), then you can save the time waiting for someone to
>>       delete them, because while you can't delete the files from the
>> server, you can overwrite them. This wouldn't help with the .mcds, but
>>       I think those are not cached in the image, so deleting just the
>> .mcds is probably a way easier thing to do.
>>

>> I thought this too.  But when I tried doing this yesterday, and earlier,
>> the files were not replaced.  I have a generated set waiting to upload as
>> soon as the old ones have been deleted.
>>

> I just reuploaded Collections-ul.625.mcz, and the server happily accepted
> it. It even sent a mail about it.
> It's possible that it won't accept packages with different content, but it
> clearly accepts reuploads (which is a bug).

Well, yesterday I uploaded a correct version of Collections.spur-tfel.624
and the server appeared to accept it, but when I downloaded the package
from the server i got the old package.  So I don't know.  I think the
safest thing is to nuke the old packages and upload freshly patched ones.

--
best,
Eliot