[squeak-dev] Keep Local vs Keep Remote when merging

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Tue May 12 10:23:12 UTC 2015

(moving to squeak-dev)

On 12.05.2015, at 03:54, Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com> wrote:

> The update stream wasn't smooth for me because there were numerous
> merge prompts where I wasn't sure whether I should "Keep Local" or
> "Keep Remote".  I selected Local every time, is that right?

No you want to “keep remote”, meaning you want the changes coming in from the new package to supersede the changes in your local image.

We wanted to give these buttons better labels for a long time.

How about “keep my changes” vs “discard my changes”? And “keep all my changes” vs “discard all my changes” instead of “rest local/remote”?

Some native speaker help us out, here ;)

- Bert -