[squeak-dev] Suppressing the No Changes confirmer during update

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Thu May 14 22:52:09 UTC 2015

Hi All,

   I guess because of the multiple ancestors in the Spur bootstrap packages
whenever I update a Spur image I see lots of annoying "No Changes"
confirmers popping up that have to be clicked on to continue.  They come
from

resolveConflicts
(records allSatisfy: [:ea | ea isAncestorMerge]) ifTrue:
[MCNoChangesException signal. ^ false].
^ ((MCMergeResolutionRequest new merger: merger)
signal: 'Merging ', records first version info name) = true

I see a handler for MCMergeResolutionRequest in

upgrade
^self depsSatisfying: [:dep | dep isFulfilledByAncestors not]
versionDo: [:ver |
(self class upgradeIsMerge and: [ver shouldMerge])
ifFalse: [ver load]
ifTrue: [[ver merge]
on: MCMergeResolutionRequest do: [:request |
request merger conflicts isEmpty
ifTrue: [request resume: true]
ifFalse: [request pass]]]]
displayingProgress: 'upgrading packages'

am I right to think that's also the place to put a handler for
the MCNoChangesException notification?
--
best,
Eliot