[squeak-dev] Re: Deceptive focus cue in 4.6 browsers

marcel.taeumel Marcel.Taeumel at hpi.de
Tue May 19 14:17:30 UTC 2015

Hi Stef,

a selection in a text field does only slightly indicate keyboard focus (i.e.
the darkness of the selection color). I assume that you disabled the
preference "mouseOverForKeyboardFocus" ? In that case, I would rather enable
"Indicate Keyboard Focus" so that you see were the current keyboard focus
is. There will be a rectangle around the morph.

As for your example: It is the correct behavior that the message category
list still has the keyboard focus because you clicked on a category in that
list. However, you are right that clicking into the text pane now removes
the selection and thus the "new method template" cannot easily be removed.

We will think of something. :) Ideas are welcome. I think that the selection
of a text morph that does not have keyboard focus should be much lighter
instead of being darker.

Best,
Marcel