[squeak-dev] MCMUpdater and CI

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat May 30 22:52:30 UTC 2015

On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 09:25:58PM +0200, Tobias Pape wrote:
> Hey
>
> We have changed the way the MCMUpdater works, I recall.
> Probably this has broken the CI Build:
>   http://build.squeak.org/job/SqueakTrunk/1493/console
>
> Who can take a look at it?

It's partly fixed, but not quite.

The SqueakTrunk CI uses MCMcmUpdater class>>updateFromDefaultRepository,
so I restored an implementation (delegating to MCMcmUpdater current) in
MonticelloConfigurations-dtl.135.

With that in place, the update from Squeak4.5 to current trunk fails because the
old image is evaluating a block that expects MCMcmUpdater class>>useLatestPackagesFrom:
so I added that back to the class side of MCMcmUpdater in 46Deprecated-dtl.4.

I think I still need to fix the update maps to load the missing method, and
then it will probably work.

I will edit update-eem.315.mcm and have it load 46Deprecated-dtl.4 instead of
46Deprecated-mt.3. If this works, update.spur-eem.mcm will need the same change.

Dave