[squeak-dev] Mac Squeak binary virtual machine for Squeak 3.10.2

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sun May 31 15:45:22 UTC 2015

On Sun, May 31, 2015 at 04:52:45PM +0200, Trygve Reenskaug wrote:
> Hi,
> A friend of mine is doing some experiments using a Mac and my program
> Baby IDE.  BabyIDE is works under Squeak 3.10.2. Is there a binary
> virtual machine for a current Mac that he can use?
>
> Please answer to /trygver at ifi.uio.no/ since I no longer follow the
> mailing list.
>
> Thank you
> --Trygve

Hello Trygve,

Please try the VM here and see if it works for you:

  http://squeakvm.org/~lewis/MacOS-test-Javier/

Javier Diaz-Reinoso provided this last November. It is an up to date
interpreter VM that should be suitable for running Squeak 3.10.2 (and
also for the latest Squeak 4.5 or 4.6 images).

John McIntosh is also in the process of updating the Mac VMs, so there
may soon be a newer update:

  http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/vm-dev/2015-May/018554.html

But for now I think the VM from Javier should do what you need.

Hope this helps,

Dave