[squeak-dev] Squeak 5.0 Strange Commit Behavior

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Mon Nov 2 13:33:06 UTC 2015

On Mon, Nov 02, 2015 at 04:10:47AM -0800, marcel.taeumel wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> I just wanted to commit the regression fixes for the debugger (warnings
> etc.) as it is currently fixed in trunk only.
>
> Turn out, that I get strange warnings about "[...] to serialize an empty
> MCZ") ... blah.
>
> Now, everything looks changed! (See screenshot)
>
> <http://forum.world.st/file/n4858951/squeak-50-bug.png>
>
> What's going on? How to proceed?
>
> Best,
> Marcel

I think you are working in a 4.6 image, right? The squeak46 repository had
quite a few bad MCZ files in it, presumably damaged due to some bug that
existed at the time of the 4.6 release. I think that I have replaced all of
the damaged MCZ files with good copies from trunk.

You may have copies of some of those bad MCZ files in your local package
cache. It may be necessary to do "MCFileBasedRepository flushAllCaches" and
reopen your MC browsers in order to fully clear the problem.

You may also be interested in http://www.squeaksource.com/TrunkUpdateStreamV3.
I have been tracking trunk in a 4.6 image there, and it may be easier to view
the kernel diffs there.

Dave