[squeak-dev] Fwd: Problem while updating SecureHashAlgorithm

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 23:13:25 UTC 2015

Oops! wrong list...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Nicolas Cellier <nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com>
Date: 2015-10-31 21:56 GMT+01:00
Subject: Problem while updating SecureHashAlgorithm
To: Squeak Virtual Machine Development Discussion <
vm-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org>

Hi,
anyone else got a problem while updating SecureHashAlgorithm?

The symptom is a SyntaxError window telling we cannot store into TA.
TA is a new class variable, so we normally should be able to write into it.

But the compiler fails because the classPool contains a ClassBinding
instead of an Association for #TA...

If I recompile SecureHashAlgorithm without the new class vars, then compile
with the class vars again via the Browser, then I correctly get a classPool
populated with Association only and I can proceed from the SyntaxError.

Any idea where these ClassBinding came from?

Nicolas