[squeak-dev] Missing MC notification

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sat Nov 14 02:55:51 UTC 2015

Well this is odd; a couple of hours ago I committed a revision to the Morphic package but no message has arrived from commits at source.squeak.org. Did I kill something?

OK, so just as a way to avoid nasty surprises, there is the commit comment -

DockingBarMorph - don't allow editing of menu items unless a preference is set. It isn't something you want in a production application.
The squeak menu ought to be a DockingBarMenuMorph, not a plain menu morph.
MenuMorph>popUpAdjacentTo:forHand:from: misuses 'owner owner' instead of 'world'
Add option for dragged Morphs to tell the Hand that they handlewhat happens when being dragged; useful for dragging Morphs that take a long time to draw the shadow, or perhaps want to render quite differently etc.

The ugly bit I don’t like is DockingBarItemMorph>>#wantsKeyboardFocusOnShiftClick and how it seems I need to handle the preference. To add  pref more directly would require modification of a System package, which seems overkill. Ideas?

tim
Strange OpCodes: GLV: Ground the Line Voltage