[squeak-dev] Re: The Trunk: Morphic-cmm.1040.mcz

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 16:13:47 UTC 2015

On Mon, Nov 16, 2015 at 12:26 AM, marcel.taeumel <Marcel.Taeumel at hpi.de> wrote:
> ...now the user has to be very careful when to change the selection...

The search-and-replace didn't even work well at all before, so the
user in a lot better shape now than she was before.

> think there is room for improvement. :) Why not just change the selection on
> find-again? Why on mouse-down? This is too brittle... It looks like that
> #findAgainSettingSearch: brings back that complicated interface into the
> TextEditor (#doAgain:many: *sigh*), that tried to simplify. ;-)

TextEditor does not provide a single path through a method which
updates the current selection which could be hooked.  That's why it
had to be hooked in #selectFrom:to: as well as #mouseMove:.
#mouseMove is already updating its model (its pointBlock) by
direct-assignment, setting the search is just another part of its
model, so I don't see that it is any more brittle than it was before..