[squeak-dev] Balloon3D - dead or alive?

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Tue Nov 17 13:32:48 UTC 2015

On Mon, Nov 16, 2015 at 09:12:50PM -0800, tim Rowledge wrote:

> > On 16-11-2015, at 6:47 PM, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:
> >>

> > We have B3DAcceleratorPlugin, which is generated directly from the class of
> > the same name, and we have Squeak3D which is generated from B3DEnginePlugin
> > and its subclasses.
>
> Well yeah - but thus far I???m not seeing B3DEngine and it???s subclasses in
> either the ???plain??? VMMaker or the VMMaker.oscog??? Ah! Now I see what???s
> happening; you use a mcm config file and it includes Balloon3d-* OK. Solved.

Right, the MCM config pulls in a variety on things, including externally
maintained plugins. The SqueakMap entry uses this MCM config, and evaluating
"VMMaker updateFromServer" does an update similar to the trunk update stream.

By the way, with an up to date (trunk) Squeak, it should now be possible
to define an update stream for oscog in the VMMaker repository. If you
save an update map with the name 'update.oscog' in the VMMaker repository,
then borrow the VMMaker class>>updateFromServer method (edited to refer
to 'update.oscog' rather than 'update'), it should be good to go.

> I wonder if it will work when loaded into a cog build???

I expect that it will work.

Dave