[squeak-dev] Re: Fixing tab behaviour and browser hierarchy appearance

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 23:54:32 UTC 2015

>> Not sure, it seems just as likely to want to select entire multi-line
>> expressions and wnat to replace them iwth new expressions, starting
>> with a Tabular indentation...
>

> You can always use Delete or Backspace to delete the selection.

So could Eliot when he wanted to replace interior text with a Tab.

Instead, the Indentation command has been made _very_ obscure, because
Eliots condition seems exactly reverse of what it should be.   When I
use indentation, I do a sloppy-swipe (middle to middle) of the lines I
want to indent and press Tab.  That's a fair response because no one
ever puts Tab characters in the middle of a word of a line.  However,
people DO want to type tabs _between_ words, or at the _beginning_ of
lines.

Eliot, I'm quite curious about your use-case, are you doing a
text-based report with columns?  If we flipped around your condition
would it still work for you?