[squeak-dev] Raspberry PI & omxplayer from Squeak

Jon Hylands jon at huv.com
Thu Nov 19 02:12:51 UTC 2015

Hi,

I've been playing around with Squeak 5.0 on a pi 2 (with the 7" LCD
touchscreen), and one of the things I'd like to be able to do is run (and
control) omxplayer from within Squeak.

I did the same thing with Python, using this library:
https://github.com/willprice/python-omxplayer-wrapper/tree/develop/omxplayer

However, I don't really need all the fancy controls - what I really want is
a way to launch it, and then a way to kill it. I'll be streaming live MJPEG
video from a webcam, so there is no concept of pause/stop/etc. I need to
kill it because I want the ability to choose one of a couple different
video streams.

I tried using OSProcess, but it gives me the pid of the shell script that
launches the application, and not the application itself. I could certainly
hack something using ps and grep, but I would prefer if there were a better
way to do it.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jon