[squeak-dev] Re: Fixing tab behaviour and browser hierarchy appearance

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 16:13:38 UTC 2015

On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 1:42 AM, marcel.taeumel <Marcel.Taeumel at hpi.de> wrote:
> I like using TAB or SHIFT+TAB for indent resp. outdent. However, we have to
> get the selection right. We have to watch for the current context
> (surrounding whitespaces, beginning of the line etc.).

After sleeping on it, I think Levente has the best idea -- that's
really what its about, indenting _multiple_ lines, otherwise, for
single line I can always just use Tab character.  Eliot said he was
editing case statements, so that would work for that too.

> If we cannot solve it, we should go back to CMD+SHIFT+L/R.

I hope we won't need to, but if we did I would prefer to pick
different keys because L and R are very useful for global keys
(especially R).

> P.S.: Really, ALT+TAB or CMD+TAB or CTRL+TAB is meant to be used for
> application/window cycling ... don't override this... :)

OS's hook Alt+Tab, not Control+Tab, right?  Apps like Google Chrome
hooks Control+Tab.  Squeak is just another app that should be able to
hook Control+Tab too..