[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Traits-pre.307.mcz

karl ramberg karlramberg at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 19:18:52 UTC 2015

On Fri, Nov 20, 2015 at 7:40 PM, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:

> Should we keep Traits? It was a neat idea that I was happy to support but
> it got left unfinished. Where are tools to develop & manage Traits? Where
> is the usage?
>
> Unless there is a compelling reason - and subsequent effort to fill out
> support - I suggest we should remove them. Along with Islands. And
> Universes. And probably Environments too, since that has stalled without
> becoming a proper part of the system.

Yes, it's very hard to maintain half implemented stuff, that lacks
documentation and direction.
And if people really cared about any of these I guess they would be used
somehow. And improved over the years. Very little has happened with either
of these.

If these subsystems are just cruft left over and nobody uses them, it would
be good to move them out of trunk.

Best,
Karl