[squeak-dev] Re: The Trunk: Morphic-cmm.1052.mcz

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 17:49:54 UTC 2015

Hi Marcel, I hope you can find another solution to the Undo.  The
change that was made to autoEnclose introduced several bugs, whilst
nullifying one use case and overloading another.

User-expectations about selection-replacement were violated -- we just
talked about this for the Tab key.  When the user types a regular
character into the Editor, they expect that character to be typed.  If
the user wishes to modify that expected behavior, they may use one of
the modifier keys.

With your change, I could not replace any selection with a 9, (, [, {,
' or ".  , because "Replace Expression With A New Expression" was
eliminated, while at the same time "Connect Existing Expression To A
New Expression" was overloaded (introduced a second ways to accomplish
the same thing).