[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Environments-kfr.59.mcz

commits at source.squeak.org commits at source.squeak.org
Sat Nov 21 21:33:56 UTC 2015

Karl Ramberg uploaded a new version of Environments to project The Trunk:
http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Environments-kfr.59.mcz

Name: Environments-kfr.59
Author: kfr
Time: 21 November 2015, 10:33:48.689 pm
UUID: 28f20424-19f0-4333-90c3-7fe53fbd51b5
Ancestors: Environments-eem.58

Colin's suggested workaround for Bindings

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2014-September/180018.html

=============== Diff against Environments-eem.58 ===============

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: Binding>>objectForDataStream: (in category 'as yet unclassified') -----
+ objectForDataStream: refStrm
+ 	| dp |
+ 	"I am about to be written on an object file.  If I am a known global, write a proxy that will hook up with the same resource in the destination system."
+ 	self flag: #environments.
+
+ 	^ (Smalltalk globals associationAt: key ifAbsent: [nil]) == self
+ 		ifTrue: [dp := DiskProxy global: #Smalltalk selector: #associationOrUndeclaredAt:
+ 							args: (Array with: key).
+ 			refStrm replace: self with: dp.
+ 			dp]
+ 		ifFalse: [self]!
- objectForDataStream: refStream
- 	"It's not yet clear how serialization should work in the presence of environments"
-
- 	self shouldBeImplemented.!