[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Nebraska-tpr.42.mcz

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Mon Nov 23 22:17:56 UTC 2015

> On 23-11-2015, at 1:16 PM, Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Is this so that Scratch users won't have to see the pre-debugger?

Nah,  the Scratch code handles it in ScratchSoundRecroderDialog or some-such. These couple of changes are simply suggestions for more politely handling a possible problem in a way that is a touch less painful than a primitiveFailed within a critical block. If people prefer the plain notifier for an unhandled Warning, fine.

ChatNotes etc are not used by Scratch - though enabling group chat could be fun...

>  If
> a Scratch kid gets a debugger and clicks "Debug" isntead of
> "Abanadon".  They might get confused or they might learn something..?

I suspect a teacher of a class of 30-40 8 year olds trying to keep their minds on the required lesson might not see it as at all amusing. Remember, Scratch usage is now part of the national curriculum in the UK.

tim
Useful random insult:- He hasn't a single redeeming vice.