[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Traits-pre.307.mcz

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 00:57:08 UTC 2015

I want Environments and I want Traits too.  You say "Nobody cares. Nobody wants to make Squeak better. The only thing the Squeak community values is compatibility with Alan's demos, and a version of Etoys that nobody uses.".  None of those statements are true of my efforts or, as far as I can see, of the significant efforts of the HPI team, or of Tim Rowledge, if Chris Muller or Levente Uzoni, and probably a lot of other folks too.

Squeak is my day to day workhorse.  The HOI folks are improving the environment at great velocity.  Squeak 5 is ~40% faster than Squeak 4.6.  Neither of these things are true because no one cares. Colin, mon brave!  Mon pôte.  Despair not!