[squeak-dev] Update Squeak on iOS

Javier Diaz-Reinoso javier_diaz_r at mac.com
Tue Oct 13 19:32:21 UTC 2015

I continued testing the VM, I find this problems:

- the allocation of memory using mmap works in a iPad2 but have problems in a iPad mini, I changed the allocation to malloc

- the VM loss the mouseUp events, I trace this to the use of TouchCmdMorph who was calling Sensor touchCmdPressed who eventually call flushEvents, I changed to a new ToggleModifiersMorph who works like in Pyonkee, touch and changes the modifier, the after a delay restore the modifier. Now is possible to shift, crtl, alt, cmd-click.

- also a button to show the keyboard, is less intrusive that the auto show call in TextMorphForEditView>>keyboardFocusChange:

But I find now a bug when dragging a morph, in the mouseDown the morph disappears, only when you release the finger (or the mouse in Simulator) the morph is visible again, I try using the preference debugShowDamage but that also is not working, at the end I find that PasteUpMorph>>flashRects:color: also don’t work, this is a method who call Display directly, so I think this is a bug (incomplete implementation?) in the VM, unfortunately I don’t have any knowledge of the CALayer who I think are used to display, or the time to continue this testing.

So  to don’t waste the work already done I put a zip file in:

https://copy.com/7T9DPaUxDjQSc2Kf

this is a self contained directory, so if you have an Xcode 7 from Apple and create an account with your Apple ID, you can double click the alias to the xcodeproj, fix the account and then (hopefully) run the application in your iPad, only remember this is alpha quality.

Happy Ada Lovelace day!

osouıǝɹ-zɐıp ɹǝıʌɐɾ