[squeak-dev] Re: Does anyone have the original Squeak 1.x Mac releases?

John McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Thu Oct 22 04:11:45 UTC 2015

I have one that is Squeak VM 68K Dec 17th, 1996 1:05pm  Not sure the
version tho, guess it would be 1.1
Mmm I do have an Squeak Installer from Setp 24th 1996. Have to figure out
how to open it first.

On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 6:31 PM, Eric Scharff <ericnboulder at yahoo.com>
wrote:

> I could probably muck around and get the image and changes files, but what
> I'm looking for, among other things, is the V1.0 Mac virtual machine.
>

> On Wednesday, October 21, 2015 4:38 PM, Paul DeBruicker <
> pdebruic at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Can you download an image from the SqueakJS site or is it run only?
>
> https://bertfreudenberg.github.io/SqueakJS/run/
>
> Looks like there is a 1.13 image there.
>

> EricNBoulder wrote
>
> > I'm trying to track down the very oldest oldest squeak releases (mostly
> > for historic purposes), the original 1.x (and earlier) releases for Mac.
> > Of course, research.apple.com is long gone, and even ftp.squeak.org
> > doesn't seem to have the .sit.hqx files
> > Anyone have any idea where the old distributions can be found?
>

> --

John M. McIntosh. Corporate Smalltalk Consulting Ltd
https://www.linkedin.com/in/smalltalk