[squeak-dev] Re: Does anyone have the original Squeak 1.x Mac releases?

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sat Oct 24 17:15:02 UTC 2015

> On 23-10-2015, at 11:28 AM, marcel.taeumel <Marcel.Taeumel at hpi.de> wrote:
>
> The image looks like the 1.1 on our FTP (http://ftp.squeak.org/1.1/) but it
> will not open with the Windows VM from then. Was the image format somewhat
> different between Windows/Mac back then?

No, the image *format* was the same but the image was originally pretty solidly Mac specific until Andreas added support for Windows, Ian added it for *nix and I added it for RISC OS. It’s possible that image you have there simply predates any of that.

tim
Maniac:  An early computer built by nuts...