[squeak-dev] Re: Fwd: FOSDEM 2016 devroom selection

Stephan Eggermont stephan at stack.nl
Mon Oct 26 10:18:04 UTC 2015

On 24/10/15 22:11, tim Rowledge wrote:

>> On 23-10-2015, at 7:58 AM, Stephan Eggermont <stephan at stack.nl> wrote:
>>
>> On 23/10/15 12:07, Jose San Leandro wrote:
>>> Sad news.
>>
>> Indeed. I'll try again next year.
>> There are of course several devrooms where we can propose talks, e.g.
>> "Containers and Process Isolation" should be interested to hear about our long-time experience with images
>
> IoT - the Pi Scratch system is gradually intruding there and of course that means various device drivers are now in Squeak
> Open Media
> Open Source Design
> Coding for Language Communities
> Graphics
> - all seem areas where Squeak has a place

And the best way to increase our chances next year are of course to make
sure that there are lots of smalltalk-using presentations at the devrooms.

There was an IWST paper this year that would fit the EDA (Electronic
Design Automation) devroom, and I would be interested to see PostgreSQL
development in action.

Stephan