[squeak-dev] Grrrr, how come I can't deselect in a list browser??

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 03:07:13 UTC 2015

Hi Eliot, its a bug that just needs to be fixed.  IIRC, the code is
there to make it (AlternatePluggableListMorphOfMany) work just like
windows:  Shift-click selects the b point of a range, Control-click
toggles under the mouse cursor.

But because Morphic hijacks the Control key override to present a menu
with a lot of duplicate items on it, the Control-toggle functionality
does not work.

In the meantime, there are a couple of workarounds:

1) select all the methods, then invert the selection (Shift+Command+I
"<--- capital eye").
2) select all the methods, then file them out?  Does that work?  If
not, it should.
3) Turn off the "traceMessages" preference, then re-run your script to
capture the methods.  The regular PluggableListMorphOfMany deselection
works.

HTH,
 Chris