[squeak-dev] Re: Grrrr, how come I can't deselect in a list browser??

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 16:59:48 UTC 2015

But there doesn't seem to be a way to have none item selected in this
model, does it?

If the intention is to file out all, the logic would indeed be to select
all and operate on the selection.
Alas, allmost no action is multi-selection ready.
It's certainly valuable to have actions able to operate on multiple
selections in the long term...
But in the short term it's not the simplest thing that could possibly work.

The change of Eliot was a quick hack, no selection <=> operate on all...
IMHO, the continuous-integration strategy should be to restore this
behavior in the interim until the multi-selection is ready.

Cheers

Nicolas