[squeak-dev] any advice for debugging crashing Alien FFI callbacks?

Craig Latta craig at netjam.org
Mon Sep 28 14:33:03 UTC 2015

Hi--

     I've got basic FFI connectivity going between Squeak 5 and a C
library I want to use, via Alien. Callouts seem to work, and some
callbacks. Other callbacks crash, though. I know which callback isn't
successfully called, but I don't have the library source, so I'm not
entirely sure what it's trying to do at that point. I'm on Mac OS 10.11.
I attached lldb before the crash and am staring at the library's
disassembled instructions.

     Does anyone have any advice for how to debug?

     thanks,

-C

--
Craig Latta