[squeak-dev] SecureSession in Pharo5 (was Re: SecureSessionV1 is green)

Robert Withers robert.w.withers at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 17:56:49 UTC 2016

I tried to load SecureSession-86 into Pharo and I ran into a couple of
issues. I first tried in a 5.0 image I had from December that already
had cryptography loaded. I loaded SecureSession and ran the tests which
default to using compression. This determined my use of the selectors
#zipped/#unzipped, which are missing in Pharo, though it does have
compression present. I reloaded Compression-cmm.48 from
http://source.squeak.org/trunk and it did not load all of the way, but
those selectors I needed did. I ran SecureSession tests and they are all
green except for one performance test. The uncompressible performance
test failed as I am missing the crytpography plugins; I never was able
to build the VM on this Ubuntu laptop,

I tried the same in a current Pharo5.0 image and I couldn't even load
Cryptography.

The bottom line is that SecureSession-rww.86.mcz works fine in Pharo as
long as Compression is updated and the ability to load Cryptography is
restored.

I have only tested a 32-bit spur image on Ubuntu. I would like to ask
the community for review on the code, as well as testing on other VMs,
for squeak, pharo and newspeak.

Many thanks,
Robert

--