[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Tools-mt.690.mcz

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 00:19:57 UTC 2016

I'm sorry Marcel, but I developed the behaviors of
TracingMessagesBrowser with great deliberation and care.  If you wish
to make alteratiuons, would you please collaborate with me?  As it
stands, this change to my code from Y2002 is very unwelcome and I've
rolled it back.  Let's talk.

traceMessages is not something the user is going to be flipping on and
off, so there is no need for a _constant_ indication reminder of which
"mode' they're in.  I don't know what you're trying to fix, but I
cannot stand this new clutter.  Sorry.

Maybe a different color window is what you want?  Even that seems
unnecessary, as the system simply responds appropriately to all
requests for senders and implementors by doing what the user wants for
each scenario.  the user doesn't need to "read", in advance, what the
system will do, just not surprise them.  Nothing about traceMessages
does.