[squeak-dev] Re: Merge button missing in MergeBrowser ?

marcel.taeumel Marcel.Taeumel at hpi.de
Wed Aug 3 14:23:31 UTC 2016

Levente Uzonyi wrote
> I had the same issue after the theme updates. I tried to work it around by
> evaluating the button's action manually, but that didn't work out. The
> changes were not merged. Finally, I decided to load the new package and
> reverted what I wanted to keep. Since then merging has started to work
> again.
>
> Levente
>
> On Wed, 3 Aug 2016, karl ramberg wrote:
>
>> Button did not activate when I did the right actions either, so I guess
>> something was seriously wrong.
>> Hopefully you fixed that :-)
>>
>> Best,
>> Karl
>>
>> On Wed, Aug 3, 2016 at 2:24 PM, marcel.taeumel <

> Marcel.Taeumel@

> > wrote:
>>       Karl Ramberg wrote
>>       > Anybody else seen this issue?
>>       > Merge button not present so I can't merge in changes :-(
>>       >
>>       > Best,
>>       > Karl
>>       >
>>       >
>>       >
>>       >
>> > merge.PNG (28K)
>> > <http://forum.world.st/attachment/4909328/0/merge.PNG>
>>
>> Anyway, thanks for the pointer. :-)
>> http://forum.world.st/The-Trunk-ToolBuilder-Morphic-mt-178-mcz-td4909393.html
>>
>> Best,
>> Marcel
>>

>> --

I noticed that tools provide the #enabled selector but omit to send
notifications if that state changes. Yes, I cleaned-up some mess in
PluggableButtonMorph, which not reveal that the tools omit to communite
their state updates to the buttons correctly.

Let's find them all. ;-) Here: I am looking the the places is MCMergeBrowser
to send "self changed: #canMerge". Shouldn't be that difficult.

Best,
Marcel