[squeak-dev] Re: All-in-One 5.0 not working on Windows?

marcel.taeumel Marcel.Taeumel at hpi.de
Wed Aug 10 07:49:01 UTC 2016

Bert Freudenberg wrote
> This was mentioned on our #general Slack channel (*):
>
> "The .bat file does execute, but the SourceFiles always points to the
> release image, not the image invoking the executable file. And it gets an
> error because the HTTPUrl relativeFromString: does not work with Windows
> path names"
>
> Could anyone confirm this? And possibly suggest a fix?
>
> - Bert -
>
> (*) https://squeak-slack-sign-in.herokuapp.com/

Hi Bert,

my suggestion would be to remove the "ImageFile" entry from the .ini and
make the .bat files capable of working with arguments. Then you could also
use the VM inside for other images.

The bug that appears with HTTPUrl at the moment is very strange and not
directly related to the problem. Still, another bug. :-)

Best,
Marcel

P.S.: We are considering this right now while working on the automated build
setup via github.com/squeak-smalltalk/squeak-app . If will make a separate
post on this later.