[squeak-dev] Re: Squeak 5.1 PreferenceBrowser notes

marcel.taeumel Marcel.Taeumel at hpi.de
Fri Aug 12 08:51:57 UTC 2016

tim Rowledge wrote
>> On 11-08-2016, at 12:47 PM, Chris Muller <

> asqueaker@

> > wrote:
>> I think you have a pretty good list, but we will use a thoughtful and
>> logical approach and not a snarky one for determining the fate of each
>> and every Preference.
>
> Snarky notes are better than no notes I suspect. At least it is a flag to
> salute. And the major point - that we have a rather tangled mess of
> confusion that needs pruning and copy-editing - is valid whether pointed
> or polite. I just wish I’d had time to do some thing more practically
> useful before code-freeze.
>

> tim
> --
> tim Rowledge;

> tim@

> ; http://www.rowledge.org/tim
> World Ends at Ten! Pictures at 11 on Fox News!

Hey Tim,

there surely will be another release. ;-)

Yeah, for my way of writing source code, #autoEnclose is kind of cumbersome.
I disable that and rather work with #encloseSelection, which I learned to
love from OCompletion. :-) Still, there are two buglettes in
#encloseSelection, namely hitting [9] on a German keyboard under Windows on
a selection or the fact that I cannot enclose a selection with single
quotes. Anyway, #encloseSelection circumvents the disability of German
Windows keyboards to hit the usual keyboard shortcuts to enclose a
selection. Awww, this beautiful [AltGr]-Key ... ^___^

Best,
Marcel