[squeak-dev] Re: Could we make list chooser resizable

marcel.taeumel Marcel.Taeumel at hpi.de
Sat Aug 13 06:00:53 UTC 2016

Nicolas Cellier wrote
> Hi,
> the new list chooser is not bad, except that it should be resizable.
> It has sliders, OK, but I have space on screen and want to see more at
> once.
> For example, when I want to copy a MC version to another repository, it's
> quite unusable.
>
> More over try to resize with halo: the halo for inner list appears outside
> the Window Morph, and when we click outside guess what? Yeah popular
> preference, dismiss the window...
>
> Nicolas
>

> PluggableDialogWindow.png (19K)
> <http://forum.world.st/attachment/4910819/0/PluggableDialogWindow.png>

Hi Nicolas,

it *is* resizable. That's why that inner border is so big. Due to the
construction of dialogs, however, that "being resizable" behavior comes from
the special contents of this dialog. Try to move your mouse to one of the
corners of the inner list.

Maybe we can make this more discoverable.

Best,
Marcel

P.S.: It's merely "growable" because if you try to shrink it again, some
specialties of our TableLayout kicks in. :-D