[squeak-dev] Re: Image pops up quit dialog upon start

marcel.taeumel Marcel.Taeumel at hpi.de
Sat Aug 13 09:54:25 UTC 2016

Karl Ramberg wrote
> When I start the image and click anywhere the quit dialog appears and I
> can
> not escape it.
>
> Squeak5.1beta-16395-64bit-r201608051639-Windows
>
> I quit the image by clicking the window close ( X ) button.
>
> If I delete the dialog with halo handle it will still pop up again on next
> click.
>
> Best,
> Karl

Hi Karl,

I cannot reproduce that behavior on my Windows 10 machine (Version 1607).

Note that all 64-bit builds are experimental for you to try out only. The
underlying VMs might behave bogus, especially for Windows, this is the first
attempt to have at least the StackVM (no JIT) working in 64-bit mode. Thanks
Nicolas for this!

While you might be more lucky on other platforms and experience no bugs at
all, we will only release Squeak 5.1 in 32-bit as stable, while 64-bit will
be experimental. We will update squeak.org accordingly.

Best,
Marcel