[squeak-dev] Re: [ANN] Squeak 5.1 Feature Freeze -- Trunk closed for new features; only bug fixes or text updates

H. Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 12:07:32 UTC 2016

On 8/14/16, Fabio Niephaus <lists at fniephaus.com> wrote:
> Here are the helper functions I came up with for the squeak.sh launcher to
> ensure that the kernel is newer than 2.6.12 and that a squeak.conf exists:
> https://gist.github.com/fniephaus/84dc1e065b2694cf9beafed5920f8cfe
>
> Best,
> Fabio

I added the calls to the two functions to helpers.sh

It works but needs sudo permission which is normally not given. So
some tweaking is needed.

THIS DOES NOT WORK
user8 at user8-Latitude:~$ ./helpers.sh
./helpers.sh: line 17: \: command not found
/etc/security/limits.d/squeak.conf is missing. Do you want to create
one? This operation requires sudo permissions. (y/N): y
You may be asked to enter your password...
./helpers.sh: line 32: /etc/security/limits.d/squeak.conf: Permission denied
Done! Please log out and log back in before you try again.
user8 at user8-Latitude:~$

THIS IS FINE
 sudo ./helpers.sh
[sudo] password for user8:
./helpers.sh: line 17: \: command not found
/etc/security/limits.d/squeak.conf is missing. Do you want to create
one? This operation requires sudo permissions. (y/N): y
You may be asked to enter your password...
Done! Please log out and log back in before you try again.
user8 at user8-Latitude:~$

--Hannes