[squeak-dev] Re: [ANN] Squeak 5.1 Code Freeze -- Trunk still closed; first release candidate(s) available

Bruce O'Neel-2 bruce.oneel at pckswarms.ch
Thu Aug 18 18:26:45 UTC 2016

Hi,

Thanks for all the work on this.  Sadly neither the 32bit or 64bit ones open on MacOS Sierra betas.  They start but no Mac windows are displayed.

cheers

bruce

    	Hi, there.

It's time for another "code freeze". :-) Let's hope that all serious bugs got fixed by now and that we have a usable Squeak 5.1 environment to get creative with. ;-)

Find the first release candidate here:
http://files.squeak.org/5.1rc1/Squeak5.1rc1-16520-32bit/
http://files.squeak.org/5.1rc1/Squeak5.1rc1-16520-64bit/ (regarded as "experimental")

You can still tell us about every little "buglette" you can find. We will, however, address only "show stoppers" in this phase. Other things will be scribbled down in the release notes under "Known Issues" and (maybe) fixed after the release:
https://github.com/squeak-smalltalk/squeak-app/tree/master/release-notes

Please stress-test this RC1 until August 21, 23:59 AOE. Plus/minus a several hours as usual. :-D

Best,
Marcel

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:http://forum.world.st/ANN-Squeak-5-1-Code-Freeze-Trunk-still-closed-first-release-candidate-s-available-tp4911665.html  		To start a new topic under Squeak - Dev, email ml-node+s1294792n45488h21 at n4.nabble.com
  		To unsubscribe from Squeak - Dev, click here.
NAML