[squeak-dev] [ANN] Squeak 5.1 Code Freeze -- Trunk still closed; first release candidate(s) available

Fabio Niephaus lists at fniephaus.com
Fri Aug 19 19:41:31 UTC 2016

On Fri, Aug 19, 2016 at 2:34 AM tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:

> > On 18-08-2016, at 5:13 PM, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:
> > {snip}
> >
> > Note how the various major/minor variables are 4+ and not 4 etc. I guess
> this is what is causing the comparisons to fail? That ‘re’ needs some
> massaging.
>
> To get past that quickly I commented out the broken bits. It then
> proceeded to try to create the security/limits file even though it isn’t
> required. The ensure_conf_file needs to depend upon the kernel level.
> I had a secondary problem due to having unzipped the package on my Mac
> which left .AppleDouble files around; ideally that ought not cause a
> problem if the `find` call is a bit cleverer. Why does it descend into
> .AppleDouble before checking the local dir?

Thanks for the bug reports. I've fixed the regex bug and found a way to
ensure "find" ignores dot files.
But why do you think ensure_conf_file needs to depend upon the kernel
level? Would it be better to skip ensure_conf_file if we are on ARM? And
why don't we need such a file on a Pi with kernel version 4+?

Fabio