[squeak-dev] [ANN] Squeak 5.1 Code Freeze -- Trunk still closed; first release candidate(s) available

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Fri Aug 19 21:31:28 UTC 2016

> On 19-08-2016, at 12:41 PM, Fabio Niephaus <lists at fniephaus.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks for the bug reports. I've fixed the regex bug and found a way to ensure "find" ignores dot files.

Excellent.

> But why do you think ensure_conf_file needs to depend upon the kernel level?

Because the issue was fixed in the kernel some time ago. Unfortunately I couldn’t tell you exactly when, but the Pi stopped needing the file addition around 18 months ago. That’s around the time the kernel was bumped up to v 4 I think. Whether it is any sort of problem to have such a file when it isn’t required… I don’t know. It’s certainly less alarming for any user if the script doesn’t demand their superuser password!

tim
Oxymorons: Good grief