[squeak-dev] Re: Using Semaphores in drawing code

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Thu Aug 25 10:04:45 UTC 2016

Marcel,

if we could think of a good way to detect the lockup we should definitely
add it.

Raising a signal every time a process waits on a semaphore is definitely
not a good way.

Having a watchdog process monitoring the UI process sounds a lot better.
But maybe there are other ideas.

If we had a concrete proposal this might become a more fruitful discussion
:)

- Bert -