[squeak-dev] [ANN] Squeak 5.1 released;

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Fri Aug 26 18:44:56 UTC 2016

> Am 23.08.2016 um 16:30 schrieb Marcel Taeumel:
>> We are happy to announce the release of Squeak 5.1!
>>
>> Visit the Website [1],

… and click on the donate button.

I’ve said it before and I guess I’ll say it plenty more times -

> This is also a good time to mention the Magic Donate Button on squeak.org.
> A lot of people have had a lot of fun using Squeak over the last 20 years. A non-trivial number have made a good deal of money from using it. Several companies have done well from it. Time to give back a bit.
>
> How about a personal dollar-a-year? How about a business dollar-a-day? For US based donors, the Squeak Foundation is a chapter of the Software Freedom Conservancy and thus donations are mostly tax-deductable ( see https://sfconservancy.org/donate/) so how about making it a dollar-33-a-day?

Right now we need to migrate the squeak website to new servers, which takes a fair bit of work. We really ought to at least make a symbolic payment to the brave people that do it for us. For that we need some money and the bank account is essentially empty. The donate button is just below the three quick-download buttons. Go on, go and click on it. You know you should.

tim
Useful random insult:- His seat back is not in the full upright and locked position.