ScratchPlugin>>primOpenURL: (was Re: [squeak-dev] The Trunk: EToys-tfel.211.mcz)

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Tue Aug 30 17:12:49 UTC 2016

> On 30-08-2016, at 10:26 AM, commits at source.squeak.org wrote:
> Item was changed:
>  ----- Method: EtoyDAVLoginMorph>>launchBrowser (in category 'actions') -----
>  launchBrowser
>
>  	ActiveWorld addMorph: self buildPanel centeredNear: Sensor cursorPoint.
> + 	(Smalltalk classNamed: 'ScratchPlugin') ifNotNil: [:sp | sp primOpenURL: self url].
> - 	ScratchPlugin primOpenURL: self url.

I’m thinking that this probably ought to be moved to OSProcess and used via something that does at least a little checking that a URL is involved.

And the assorted other ScratchPlugin graphics effects referenced might be better in a graphics plugin - or even added to bitblt(?) or maybe even tested to check they’re worth doing as plugin calls these days.

tim
A bug in the code is worth two in the documentation.