[squeak-dev] Other serialisation formats -- SIXX serialisation format, JSON, Fuel?

H. Hirzel hannes.hirzel at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 22:13:47 UTC 2016

To widen the discussion.

I think there was no discussion yet if the serialisation format should

a) be a binary format
b) a text format
c) or that we need both.

The prominent use case is saving and loading of projects, see thread

'Vaidotas, Squeak 5.1 saving of Morphic projects is broken'

and the SISS thread.

Speed of course is an issue.
But then as well portability between different versions of images.

If the question is put as

Which serialisation format should succeed image segments then then the
choice is probably limited to

- Fuel
- Ma Serializer