[squeak-dev] EToys in the Trunk

Tim Felgentreff timfelgentreff at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 22:33:44 UTC 2016

The plan was to get this in early to have the instability now rather than
later in the release cycle. My main interest was in getting the Squeakland
Etoys version running, including all the new graphics, Kedama2, and the
Sugar stuff. But I also merged (for now) most of the support code for Dbus,
Pango, Siss, Connectors, BroomMorphs, Skeleton, ScratchConnect, Flash,
Gstreamer, DrGeo, ... everything from the last Squeakland release I could
get in. Since a lot of that stuff won't be needed anymore, my plan now is
to fix bugs in the things I definitely would want to keep, and strip out
those things that are obsolete. I expect the Etoys package size will be
reduced again.

Please allow us some time for this. We will do our best to make sure the
rest of the system doesn't break while we're working on Etoys. Most of the
time the only negative effect should be the large download and image sizes.

Cheers,
Tim