[squeak-dev] Morph corner radius set to 8 does surprising things

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Tue Dec 6 05:26:58 UTC 2016

> On 05-12-2016, at 6:57 PM, Bob Arning <arning315 at comcast.net> wrote:
>
> This method in HandMorph seems to have a view of corner rounding that depends on a particular corner geometry.

Thanks; that seems to be the responsible method. I’m quite at a loss to explain what was being thought of for the hack. Most … unusual.

> You might try changing the highlighted code to
>

>             nPix := cacheCanvas form tallyPixelValues first.
>             "--> begin rounded corners hack <---"
>             cachedCanvasHasHoles := true "(nPix = 48
>                         and: [submorphs size = 1 and: [submorphs first wantsRoundedCorners]])
>                             ifTrue: [false]
>                             ifFalse: [nPix > 0]".
>             "--> end rounded corners hack <—"

Instead of simply forcing cachedCanvasHasHoles to be true, it seems to work cleanly with
     cachedCanvasHasHoles := nPix >0.
which at least makes use of the tallyPixelValues first - which is quite a bit of work.

tim
Useful random insult:- Wasn't fully debugged before being released.