[squeak-dev] Morphs can be dropped on main docking bar

Chris Muller ma.chris.m at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 16:26:16 UTC 2016

On Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 4:14 AM, Bernhard Pieber <bernhard at pieber.com> wrote:
> Interesting. How do you do that? Using one of the halos?

Usually I just drag and drop the morphs straight in.  Its a work-area,
like when a surgeon employs a tray of tools she's got set out for the
operation she's performing.  She needs quick, temporary, access.  I
put icons there or torn-off menu items temporarily depending on what
I'm doing.

> Do you drag SystemWindows in there as well?

No, never.  Only small / short things can go there effectively..

> Do you agree that at least the „accept drops“ checkbox should be honoured. That way you could keep using the feature and others could avoid dragging something accidentially into the docking bar.

Yes, but I think the default should be to remain on.