[squeak-dev] Snowglobe and Tether (was "WebAssembly" on vm-dev)

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 21:27:17 UTC 2016

>> Side thought: Craig's work to incrementally download a running image
>> could be useful to reducing web page startup time.
>
>      Ooh, I'm not sure I did what you think I did... Tell me more about
> that feature! :)  So far there's still a point where an entire snapshot
> has to transmit, but you can keep using the app remotely in the
> meantime. In many scenarios you just don't notice the download and
> subsequent switch to local native Squeak.

Hey Craig, I'm guessing the user would have to indicate when they want
to download the snapshot right?  The object memory is always changing,
if they continued using the remote connection then the transmitted
snapshot would be behind the work the user did via the remote
connection during the download period..?