[squeak-dev] The Trunk: MorphicExtras-cmm.201.mcz

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Tue Dec 13 19:16:15 UTC 2016

On Tue, Dec 13, 2016 at 8:33 AM, Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com> wrote:

> I guess its still there..  but apparently that trick wasn't working
> for this attribute.

Ah, I see. DNU used to return false if the pref was not found, which was a
good default behavior. Marcel changed it to return nil instead, which I
guess broke some code. Then Tobias changed it to raise an exception.

> I was only interested in getting the basic functionality working
> again, I don't know all what access patterns Etoys is using.

Sure, and thank you :)

Instead of checking for "understands" we should use valueOfFlag: (which
defaults to false) to get back the old behavior. Or we recreate the
preference. Or we make it into a "pragma" preference on some class (which
seems to be the preferred way nowadays, even though it leads to an
explosion of pref accessor methods?)

What would be best?

- Bert -

On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 3:20 PM, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de>