[squeak-dev] Strange SSL error

Chris Muller ma.chris.m at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 04:51:18 UTC 2016

An application I've been running for a couple of years has started
failing when trying to use WebClient.  I see a lot of instances of
this error in the console:

4149581508:error:140770FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown
protocol:../../ssl/s23_clnt.c:531

Is this a SqueakSSL issue?  I have two versions of the SqueakSSL
plugin, one is < 100K the other is > 8.9MB from April, 2015, which I
think is Levente's statically-linked one.

The app needs to access various API's and scrape various web sites.
Any ideas on this error and what should I be running these days for
SqueakSSL?

thanks